To ALL entrants, I want to let you know that I DO comment on all entries (with the exception of Splitcoast and Flickr) so if you don't see a comment from me, please check to see if there are any comments awaiting moderation or in SPAM. A lot of comments are in SPAM and bloggers don't realize it.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Calendars

This is a very easy, yet beautiful gift idea!!!
Start with a frame like this:
Cut a piece of patterned paper 4X6
Print off a yearly calendar.You can find these online.I used my print program I have to do it.Cut them and ink them with an ink color that will match you patterned paper.Create a small envelope to stick to the back to place the monthly cards in. I used a library pocket and trimmed it and used double-sided tape to stick it to the back of the frame.
Decorate the patterned paper.Remember not to use thick embellishments. The thinner they are, the better it will look.
Adding one photo corner is a good idea so you can slip the monthly card into it without it sliding down to the bottom of the frame. A bit of stability for the card :O)
I like adding a mini-clip that can be used to clip an impt. message there that you can see at a glance!Here are 2 more I did.I used scrap pieces for all 3 of them! Great way to use up some piece of patterned paper.
Enjoy!!! Let us know if you try one, or two or three!!! :o)

6 comments:

Claireabelle said...

I love these!!! Fantastic idea too
x

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

These are soooo cute,, what a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Jen said...

Perfect! I was in desperate need of an idea. Small budget this year.

AUsome mom said...

These are great! I've been looking for an idea for gifts for my co-workers. These would be great for them to keep on their desks. Cool idea!

Roxane said...

It's a very nice idea for little gifts to friends !
Thank you.

Donna said...

This calendar is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!